Whether it is the end of your mortgage term, you are changing lenders, increasing the amount of your mortgage or refinancing due to change of title, Homer Frank Law can assist you in closing the transaction.
Please have your mortgage broker or lender forward documents to our office.
Information We Need to Complete Your Refinance
To complete your transaction, we will require the following information. This is not an exclusive list and additional information will be required when your file is open. Please be prepared to provide the following:
- Copies of your tax bills for the current and previous year.
- Particulars of any Mortgages outstanding with respect to the property. Please note that a secured Line of Credit is a mortgage registered against your property.
- The contact information for your home insurance provider.
- Copies of statements for any debts to be paid from closing funds.
- If this is a separation, a copy of your separation agreement may be required.
As we complete your file, we may ask for additional information based on instructions from your lender.
Meeting With the Lawyer
Your lender will send instructions to our office to allow us to prepare the mortgage documentation. We will arrange an in-person meeting approximately one week before closing to sign your closing documents and discuss your file. You will need to provide two pieces of ID (one piece must be a photo ID such as a driver’s licence or passport) for each person involved in the transaction. Please note health cards are not acceptable. You may need to bring in a void cheque.
We are often asked what time your deal is expected to close on the closing date. The closing time will depend on when funds are received from your lender and if all broker and lender conditions have been met.